Thursday 11 November 2010

I'm a climber :)

Figure 8 loop.
Haul loop.
Belay.
Carabiner.
Chalk bag.

Not necessarily terms used everyday, but I learned them all today! Hee finally got the chance to learn how to do proper rock climbing, with an instructor and everything haha. Sorry, it's just always been a dream of mine to properly learn rock climbing, but due to certain issues, tak pernah berkesempatan.

So when it finally happened, I was like HELL YEAHHH!

He taught us about the equipment, techniques, emergency calls, communication semua tu lah. Nothing too hard, just enough so that we can learn how to handle it by ourselves, when we're ready :)

Had so much fun. There's this feeling of achievement when you get to the top of the wall you're climbing. Like you look down and you see the distance you climbed and it's like ohmygosh I climbed all the way to the top! A sense of accomplishment just runs through, it's really cool.

Was hoping to be able to do it more frequently, tapi nak masuk semester 2 dah so maybe I'll have to spare a few weekends so I'll be able to practice some more. Hopefully I'll get to do it again before college starts.

I don't have any photos coz it's all in the camcorder and I can't seem to find the USB cable oh well. So here's a picture of some girl who I currently hold a lot of respect for coz what she's doing is bloody hard.



Hey who knows, that could be me one day.
Cita-cita haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment