Sunday 1 January 2012

Oh, hi.

Kalau sambut tahun baru salah ke? I mean, it is the Gregorian calendar punya, takde kena mengena dengan orang Islam pun. Ada yang would go so far as to say that celebrating 2012 is syirik. So kita pun nak lah tahu betul ke ni cos I sure don't want to involve myself in syirik things.

Alhamdulillah, Ustaz Azhar kata nak sambut tahun baru memang tak salah sebab zaman sekarang banyak kalendar digunakan oleh manusia so macam-macam tahun yang orang sambut. Malaysia lain, Arab lain, Thailand pun lain. What makes it wrong is the way you celebrate the new year. Bila buat benda-benda yang dilarang Allah tu yang buat salah tu. That makes sense.

I hope this year will be good. I had a blast in 2011, definitely. Went through all sorts of experiences --- bad, good and awesome. And this year, I'm going to be 20. Oh my gosh tak tahu lah, I don't feel 20. I used to look at the kakaks and abangs that were 20 and be like, tua nyaaaa kau. And now here I am, 9 months away from being 'tua'. Fanbloodytastic.

But actually, I am looking forward to it. People say I look older than I am, so I may as well be older. Kan? Yes. In terms of resolutions, I gave up on all that crap years ago cos I never stick to them anyways haha. Konon-konon nak exercise, watch less TV, do this do that bla bla bla, hampeh.

Tapi if anything, I just pray that I can be a better person now. Constantly, not just this year. Hopefully Allah will help me be a better Muslim, a better daughter, a better friend. I'm in a situation I only ever dreamt I would be in before, and I need to be strong. Everything is new, it's all different and yes, I'm terrified.


Guide me oh Allah, I can't do this without you by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment