Saturday 11 December 2010

Annoyance is not bliss

Why can't people be more grateful of what they have? Why must they always complain about what they don't have? If everyone was content with what they have in their life and not constantly comparing themselves to everyone else, I'm pretty sure the world would be totally different.

I mean seriously, a world with less complaining. Wouldn't that be awesome?

So you're not a fucking size 0, can't you just be happy that you're not so huge that you need to be rolled out of your bed every morning. Can't you just be appreciative enough to God that he gave you your family, friends, and a brain that can function. Or is it just excess weight that your neck is supporting?

I mean, what if fate decided to give you a tumor, or brain damage, or the loss of your legs. What if you had to live in a war torn zone with bullets being fired all the bloody time, or you had to sell your body for money, or if you had to walk 10 miles a day for water. Wouldn't that just suck?

I know I'm not the smartest or prettiest needle in the haystack (that makes no sense), but I'm now realising that I've got a lot. Not everything, but it's enough. My super supportive family who'll back me up no matter what, my uber awesome friends who are always there, and enough sustenance to keep me well away from starving everyday.

Keep comparing yourself to other people and you'll never be happy with what you have. Blinded by the illusion of what's on the outside, wake up.

I don't know, I guess this is just a reminder, to myself. Things can get pretty spasticated sometimes, but only if you let it. I now make a pledge to not be so conformed by what society thinks is acceptable. And I especially will (try to) not constantly complain about my body. As long as my clothes don't look 2 sizes too small, then I'm fine.

Kau nak kata aku gemuk, bodoh, lembab, syok sendiri ke, suka hati kau lah. It's your mouth, I am not responsible for what comes put of it.

And to think, all this stemmed from hearing too many skinny people complain about being fat =.=

No comments:

Post a Comment