Thursday 7 April 2011

All Things Bright and Beautiful



Okay I'm dying. Haha. Excited semacam. I've heard 4 of the 15, and they were all fantastic hah I'm totally biased when it comes to him and his music. He's just so good.

And the way he writes, like oh gosh seriously, ahhhhhh.

"I am sipping on old leather, my back is turned against the dark glass patio sliding door. It is night. Parachutes of heavy soft cloud unfurl their fluffy legs as your soft cricket symphonies accompany me into the moonset. Ivory black keys suddenly become dark stained faces and they make my collar bone hurt. This music, this dance, this procession of dreams tastes of summer and cut grass and the way the breeze blows. Autumn plays via a one hundred and twenty piece insect orchestra, swooning and serenading us under violet blankets of night. I can’t seem to be able to feel anything. The deep music is doing the breathing for me; it pushes and pulls its melody and pumps my bloody heart full of ice water.."

And that's how his songs are too. Like a beautiful mess. A beautiful, colourful mess.

Fakit I'm a mess, just not the beautiful kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment